Environmental pollution has major negative effects on human health and ecosystems. Emissions into the environment (air, water, soil) occur along the entire value chain of products, so a comprehensive and life cycle-based assessment is necessary to achieve Zero Pollution. The session will present the use of life cycle thinking to assess the environmental impacts of consumption. Understanding the extent to which our lifestyle is affecting the environment is pivotal for a transition towards sustainability. We must understand the main hotspots to be able to assess our individual footprints and judge our contribution to the zero pollution target.
Join us to find out more about how to achieve a less polluting lifestyle with deeper knowledge of the Consumption and Consumer Footprint Indicators. A virtual tour to the Consumer Footprint Calculator will display how EU citizens can calculate the impacts of their own lifestyle.
- Giovanni De Santi, Director, Sustainable Resources Directorate, Joint Research Centre, European Commission
- Serenella Sala, Deputy Head of Unit, Land Resources Unit, Joint Research Centre, European Commission
- Esther Sanyé Mengual, Scientific Officer, Land Resources Unit, Joint Research Centre, European Commission
- Llorenç Milà i Canals, Head of the Life Cycle Unit, UN Environment Programme
- Els Bruggeman, Head Policy and Enforcement, Euroconsumers
- Rick Thompson, Moderators Europe