The Zero Pollution ambition can only be realised by working together and joining forces of all actors of society. To this end, this session launches the Zero Pollution Stakeholder Platform, which will carry forward the discussions from the EU Green Week towards more regular exchanges and sharing of good practices. Together with the Committee of the Regions, the Commission will organised regular interactions on topics of common interest with the aim to meet again for the next Zero Pollution ambition conference in 2023 (TBC).
The closing session will look at the environment and health nexus, which are fundamental to steering together our recovery and resilience efforts. It will explore challenges and opportunities for society, businesses, young people and others in particular in the regional and urban context. All participants will be asked to present their expectations towards the Zero Pollution Stakeholder Platform and, in conclusion, we will take stock of the main messages coming from this year’s Green Week.
- Florika Fink-Hooijer, Director-General, Directorate General for Environment, European Commission
- Alexandre Affre, Deputy Director General, Business Europe
- Samuel Masse, President of European Council of Young Farmers (CEJA)
- Jeremy Wates, Secretary General, European Environmental Bureau (EEB)
- Monique Goyens, Director General, The European Consumer Organisation (BEUC)
- Bent Madsen, President of Housing Europe
- Vasco Alves Cordeiro, First-Vice President, European Committee of the Regions (CoR)
- Katrina Sichel, Wit and Word Communications