The session will discuss how best the EU can contribute to global efforts to switch to circular models and tackle plastic pollution. It will highlight EU efforts to reach a global agreement on plastics as well as international initiatives to promote the uptake of a circular economy approach on plastics. Interventions will discuss different strategies and cooperation areas contributing to these objectives.
Projects supported by the EU will be introduced as practical examples of partnerships promoting a circular economy, including action against plastic pollution.
- Carla Montesi, Director - Green Deal and Digital Agenda, Directorate- General for International Partnerships, European Commission
- Hugo-Maria Schally, Head of Unit - Multilateral environmental cooperation, Directorate-General for Environment, European Commission
- Jonas Byström, Lead Engineer, Urban Development Division, European Investment Bank
- Wijarn Simachaya, President of Thailand Environment Institute (TEI) and Chairman of Thailand Public-Private Partnership for Plastic and Waste Management
- Johannes Weber, European Affairs Manager, Nestlé
- Chris Burns, Burnstorm Communications