Future breakthrough technologies will often contribute to both carbon neutrality and pollutant emission reduction.
The objective is for speakers representing Industry, Member States, NGO, and policy makers to reflect on such synergies and on how their roll out can be jointly promoted by economic and command and control instruments. This session will also explore the future role of the Industrial Emissions Innovation Observatory in monitoring progress in ongoing innovations for the benefit of the IED sectoral BAT Reference documents (BREFs).
- Chris Allen, Deputy Head of Unit, Directorate General for Environment, European Commission
- Keir McAndrew, Project Director, Wood
- Danny Croon, Director Environment & Research, European Steel Association (Eurofer)
- Christian Schaible, Policy Manager for industrial production,European Environmental Bureau (EEB)
- Marco van Valburg, Strategic Program Director, LIFE OPTIMELT Project
- Sara Tapola, Project manager, Green Foundry LIFE
- Markku Tapola, Project Coordinator ,Green Foundry LIFE
- María Olga Fraile Paredes, Head of Industrial Sustainability Area, Ministry for the Ecological Transition and the Demographic Challenge, Spain