Safe and Sustainable-by-design is included in the Chemicals Strategy for Sustainability as a crucial approach towards the zero pollution ambition. How can this be achieved in a realistic timeline while empowering companies and citizens and supporting the competitiveness of EU industry?
While the Commission is in the early stages of developing criteria for safe and sustainable-by-design in the coming two years to combat greenwashing, the session will be a platform for experts to explain what is meant by the term, and for designers, frontrunner companies and NGOs to put forward challenging ideas and solutions towards the EU’s zero pollution and climate goals.
- Jürgen Tiedje, Head of Unit, Directorate-General for Research and Innovation, European Commission
- Kestutis Sadauskas, Director, Directorate General for Environment, European Commission
- Barbara Pollini, Professor of Sustainable Design at Naba design University in Milan, co-founder and designer for the collective Nuup
- Klaus Kümmerer , Director International Research and Education Sustainable Collaborative Centre, Leuphana University Lüneburg
- Marlies van Wijhe, CEO, Royal Van Wijhe Verf
- Katrina Sichel, Wit and Word Communications