Launched by the European Commission in October 2020, the Green City Accord is a movement of European mayors committed to making cities cleaner and healthier.
This session will present the Green City Accord and it will show how this initiative can support the delivery of the zero-pollution ambition at local level. Signatory cities, including members of the European Committee of the Regions (CoR), will then present their Green City Accord commitments and the actions they will take to improve air and water quality and to minimise waste and noise. The practical challenges of achieving zero-pollution cities will also be covered.
- Joanna Drake, Deputy Director-General, Directorate General for Environment, European Commission
- Juan Espadas (ES/PES), Chair of the Commission for the Environment, Climate change and Energy (ENVE) of the European Committee of the Regions (CoR) & Mayor of Seville
- Chiara Rabini, Deputy Mayor for Culture, the Environment, Integration Policies and Equal Opportunities, Bolzano, Italy
- Gilles Namur, Deputy Mayor for Nature in the city, Biodiversity and Coolness, Public spaces and Mobility, Grenoble, France
- Niina Ratilainen (FI/Greens), City councillor, Turku, Finland & Member of the European Committee of the Regions (CoR)
- Rene Wyndham, Moderators Europe