We are saturated with alarmist images about the state of our planet. Sadly many react with indifference or a sense of helplessness. But in the short documentary film ‘Trapped by Plastic’ we experience a powerful, distinctive ‘call to action’: photographer Mandy Barker uses strikingly colourful, intricate images to confront viewers with unpalatable truths about marine plastic pollution.
This is a powerful conversation starter: our panelist will explore how we can challenge complacency, reconcile contradictions and accelerate the pace of positive change. How can we stop putting more plastic into oceans well before 2050? What’s the role of policy makers, business, NGOs and artists? And importantly, how do young people generate momentum to achieve this ambitious but critical goal?
- Florika Fink-Hooijer, Director-General, Directorate General for Environment, European Commission
- Eirik Lindebjerg, Global Plastics Policy Manager, WWF
- Lola Fayokun, Climate Campaigner
- Willemijn Peeters, CEO Searious Business
- Eva Zabey, Executive Director, Business for Nature
- Truus Huisman, Sustainability and Communication expert