This event highlights the multiple links between the quality of our environment and the health and well-being of European citizens. A significant proportion of the disease burden in Europe continues to be caused by environmental pollution resulting from human activity. Updated information on the health impacts from air pollution, unsafe water, noise and hazardous chemicals will be provided, highlighting the latest knowledge from the EEA. In addition, the health and well-being benefits attainable through a healthy environment and adequate access to green/blue spaces will be stressed.
- Dr Hans Bruyninckx, Executive Director of the European Environment Agency (EEA)
- Dr Hans Kluge, Regional Director for Europe, World Health Organisation (WHO)
Francesca Racioppi, Head of the WHO European Centre for Environment and Health in Bonn
- Génon K. Jensen, Executive Director, Health & Environment Alliance (HEAL)
- Marius Vaščega, Head of Cabinet of Commissioner Sinkevičius - Environment, Oceans and Fisheries, European Commission
- Aminda Leigh, Moderators Europe