IFLA Europe - AsoP 2019 Conference ROMANIAN CITIES: from Green Spaces to Green Infrastructures
The Romanian Landscape Architects Association - AsoP is organizing this year its second annual meeting under the aegis of the European Commission's Environment General Directorate within the framework of #EUGreenWeek.
The event focuses on the legislation as a determinant for the quality of the environment in which we live today and is developed in partnership with the International Federation of Landscape Architects - European Region and the University of Agronomic Sciences and Veterinary Medicine Bucharest.
The activities embedded by this conference aim to identify examples of good practice as well as specific problems regarding the creation of a regulatory framework that can favour the development of green infrastructures by involving citizens in the law-making process.
AsoP Romania’s event takes place between 13 to 17 May 2019 at the Faculty of Horticulture at the University of Agronomic Sciences and Veterinary Medicine in Bucharest and aims to also highlight the changes brought to Law 24/2007 regarding the regulation and administration of green spaces in the localities.
The event includes a wide range of activities, namely:
- two sessions of presentations made by specialists from the Romania and from abroad;
- a debate on the national and local regulatory framework in the broader context of the European Union, attended by representatives of the professional, academic and political fields;
- an workshop dedicated to students addressing green infrastructures from the perspective of its components;
- an exhibition of landscape architecture;
- and a roundtable that aims to establish a multidisciplinary and trans-sectoral working group that will focus its future efforts on the establishment of specific norms that allow the development of coherent green infrastructures in Romania.
The AsoP 2019 Conference is addressing to professionals, students and academics from the landscape architecture field, to representatives of public administration, political domain and, at the same time, it has a public dimension - the exhibition, the conferences and the debates being opened to all those interested in landscape architecture.
AsoP Romania would like to thank to its partners:
International Federation of Landscape Architects - European Region
University of Agronomic Sciences and Veterinary Medicine Bucharest
Embassy of the Netherlands in Romania
For more details: www.asop.org.ro
Awareness-raising activity, Conference, Exhibition, Study visit, Networking event,
13/05/2019 - 17/05/2019
Implementation of legislation,
Students, Research community/Academia, General public/families, Local or regional authorities, NGOs, Press/Media,
Phone: +32 492 319 451